digital content pro
and project manager
I'm a storyteller. Sometimes the story comes in the form of a newspaper article or magazine spread. Other times it could be disguised as a blog item, podcast, social media post, video or even as an emerging form of communication you've only just begun to learn about.
My career has evolved with the industry I originally trained for - journalism - and that has afforded me the luxury of viewing storytelling challenges from a variety of rare perspectives. As a project manager. A digital content director. An editor. A podcaster. And as a member of the audience itself.
I'm also an expert at wrangling the needed resources to convey whatever story you wish to tell. And if the resource doesn't exist, we'll invent it together. Allow me to show you how my professional accomplishments can point your company in the right direction.
What I've Been Up To
STUCK IN THE '80s
2005 - Today
• Creator, host, engineer and producer of Stuck in the '80s, award-winning weekly podcast on the music, movies and pop culture of the 1980s, with a global audience of 500,000.
• Winner of 11 major journalism awards, including: Online News Association, 2006 Winner, Best Online Commentary; Eppy Award, 2007 Winner, Best Media-Affiliated Entertainment Blog; FSNE, 2010 Winner, Innovation in Driving a Digital Audience.
• Successfully monetized with national advertising sponsors including HelloFresh, BarkBox, FanDuel and more.
THE WALT DISNEY COMPANY
2018 - Today
• Create and maintain web pages and mobile apps for Walt Disney World, including Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney's Animal Kingdom, Disney Hollywood Studios, Disney Springs and Disney Resorts.
• Recent projects include Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge and Disney's Riviera Resort.
Digital Project Manager
2015 - 2018
Launched video syndication programs across multiple brands, including creation of partnerships with Wibbitz and Ooyala.
Re-imagined the company’s Florida Travel & Life website, focusing on tourism news and trends. As editor, assigned, created and edited site relaunch in 2017.
Led stakeholders on new products, website redesigns and digital interactive features for Bonnier's Active Interest Network, including these brand websites: Flying, Scuba Diving, Sport Diver, Islands, Wakeboarding, Waterski, LearnWake, Yachting, Sailing World, Cruising World, Boating, Marlin, Sport Fishing, Saltwater Sportsman.
Digital Content Director
2012 - 2015
Successfully led digital initiatives for Bonnier's Travel and Dive Groups, including Islands, Destination Weddings & Honeymoons, Florida Travel & Life, Caribbean Travel & Life, Scuba Diving and Sport Diver magazines.
Under my leadership, generated triple-digit growth in PVs and UVs for the travel sites. Year-over-year natural search traffic growth for one particular brand exceeded 500 percent in PVs and more than 300 percent in UVs. For the dive websites, YOY natural search traffic increased 218 percent in UVs and 360 percent in PVs.
1989 / Bachelor's Degree in Journalism
University of Florida